Manes are known as Pitra in Hindi. Pitra are those people who died unnatural death and did not get salvation. Due to this, people perform remedies for the pacification of Pitra Dosha.
It is mentioned in the Brahma Puran that, on the eve of Krishna Paksh of Ashvin month the Lord of death “Yamraj” grant freedom to all the souls so that they can accept and eat the food made by their children on the occasion of Shraad. The peoples who don’t do the Shraad for their Pitras are the one who suffers from the curse of “Pitra Dosh” as their Pitras got angry and returns to their world. Due to this the upcoming generation have to face many problems. This is what we say is “Pitra Dosh”.
In this world a person’s death can be classified in two ways i.e. natural death and immature death. Natural death takes place due to the God but the immature death occurs mainly because of “Pitra Dosh”. We have seen the sudden deaths of Rajiv Gandhi, Harshad Mehta, Pramod Mahajan, Indra Gandhi, Sanjay Gandhi, Subash Chandra Bose, Dayna and the upcoming singer Ishmit Singh which attracts our mind towards the “Pitra Dosh”.PROBLEMS CAUSED BY “PITRA DOSH”
• A person who is suffering from Pitra Dosh has to face many problems related to his children. Other than that their children may suffer from physical or mental disabilities. Sometimes you may have seen that a child is suffering from different types of diseases from the very first day of his birth. This is because of “Pitra Dosh” only.
• Pitra Dosh leads to unfavourable environment in the house. A husband and wife may have issues on very small matters. All these matters are because of “Pitra Dosh” only.
• People suffering from “Pitra Dosh” have to face problems regarding their marriage. Despite of all their efforts they are unable to get marry on time due to “Pitra Dosh”.
• People suffering from” Pitra Dosh” regularly remains under the debts and are unable to clear their debt despite of all their efforts.
• Many times we see that a family is always surrounded by diseases due to which that family has to face physical as well as financial problems.
• If there is no progress in the financial condition of a family and they are always surrounded by scarcity, then it is also due to the effects of “Pitru Dosh”. In such situations a person is not able to get success in any kind of work which he does.
• If a family is suffering from “Pitra Dosh” then any member of the family may see a snake in his dream or he may see his ancestor demanding food or clothes.